Music and dance in unexpected places make me smile. I especially love watching peoples’ faces as they suddenly realize what’s going on around them — from confusion to understanding to (usually) pleasure.
And yes, one day, I would like to find myself in a middle of a flash mob.
Choir in a parking garage:
Musicians perform Mozart spontaneously during a delayed flight:
Mambo in a train station:
Michael Jackson around Seattle (not the best dancing, but giving my hometown a hat tip):
And this Sound of Music one is always worth another watch:
January 22, 2011 No Comments
Weekly roundup of mostly-arts-related chatter around the web:
- Because 88 isn’t enough: A craftsman in Australia has developed a 101-key piano.
- Best Letterhead Ever: Just another reason to love Harpo Marx
- Still singing strong: singer Charity Tilleman-Dick tells her inspiring story of how double-lung surgery saved her life…and voice
- Becoming Human through Cooking: Theological reflections on preparing food.
- Two very different dance videos. First, how to dance in church:
Then, how to dance in a window display:
January 21, 2011 No Comments
Wow. Really enjoyed looking through Jordan Matter’s gallery Dancers Among Us, a photo series capturing dancers on the streets of New York:
January 13, 2011 No Comments