Cafe Hopping (6/24)
Summer may have officially begun; but here in Seattle it’s hard to tell. We’ve had a couple gorgeous days along with an intense rainstorm this week. Ah well.
- Kind of screwed: Designer Andy Baio recently paid over $30,000 to settle a lawsuit over a pixel art cover created from a famous Miles Davis photo. He writes about what he had to endure in this informative though more-than-slightly disheartening article. An important read for anyone in the creative industry these days.
- The Revelation App: Artist Chris Koelle has released a beautiful app that illustrates the Book of Revelation.
- Hand-Hacking: “Want to learn a musical instrument, but can’t find the time to practise? A device now under development [in Japan] can take control of your hand and teach you how to play a tune.” It’s called…ahem…PossessedHand.
- Midcentury Modern Retirement Gear: Eames Eiffel Walker or La-Z-Boy Womb Chair, anyone?
- Love & War & The Seat In-Between: The versatile musician Josh Garrels has a lovely new album out, and it’s free! Check out the animation for the first track, White Owl, as well.
- The Human Orchestra: Before X-Men and Green Lantern special effects, there was this: